- Select a safe location, especially considering the location of power lines. If no safe location can be found, don’t continue with this project.
- Very Important: Read all about safety and procedures before you start. Use your web browser, type in:
- antennas and power line safety
- antenna mast safety
- ladder safety
- antenna mast grounding
- guy system. Guy ropes are used with this install. Only non-abrasive material is acceptable for use with our guy rings. Use guys in accordance with accepted standards – usually every 10 feet of unsupported mast. At 30′ or higher with a small beam on top, a 4 guy system is needed. This is your best insurance policy to combat high wind conditions.
- Plan your steps carefully. Do NOT take chances.
- Wear necessary safety gear/clothing.
- Have enough manpower on hand.
- Do NOT work during inclement weather and/or windy conditions.
- Do NOT rush the project – no mistake is worth it.
- Click on ALL the links of this website before starting the project. Every link will add valuable information on planning, constructing, raising and guying the mast.
- SAFETY FIRST, LAST and ALWAYS. IT’S IN YOUR HANDS.