PUSHUP ANTENNA MAST & MAST SUPPORT
HOME of the PUSHUP ANTENNA MAST by BEND-GARD®
and the DIY ‘WINCH-IT-UP’ ANTENNA MAST SUPPORT.
To help you build a Pushup Antenna Mast System to include:
- The Antenna Mast
- The Mast Support structure
HOW: By putting the mast together with 5 foot sections using Bend-Gard® Couplers and raising it to say, 40-50′ using a DIY ‘Winch-It-Up’ Mast Support that allows you to work by yourself, if necessary. This is a Complete DIY Package.
Here’s a brief breakdown of the products which are explained more fully in the ‘PRODUCTS’ link and other links.
Antenna Mast Material choices: See PRODUCTS or NOTES links for details.
- 1.9” OD galvanized fence rail (Industry size 1-1/2” to 1-7/8”) available in several wall thicknesses locally available to most OR
- 1.740” OD EMT (Electrical Metal Tubing Industry size 1-1/2”), 16 gauge wall available locally
Couplers, Guy Ring Retainer (GRR), Guy Rings
- 8” long DOM steel couplers (Bend-Gard® brand) that join and reinforce 5′ sections of mast.
- The Guy Ring Retainer(GRR) that’s placed near the top of the mast to hold the top guy ring in place.
- Guy Rings that are non-metallic units made by Max-Gain Systems, Inc. that we can supply competitively.
DIY Mast Support Structure:
The plans for building your 4×4 pressure treated ‘Winch-It-Up’ Mast Support complete with standoff brackets and a strap winch
Standoffs are available from many online sources. 3-4” ones that are sized for a 2-1/2” mast work for this application.
To get a full understanding of these DIY projects, you should read all the links on this website before starting them.
The DIY ‘WINCH-IT-UP’ MAST SUPPORT was designed to complement and facilitate the use of BEND-GARD® products.